The University of Georgia is holding its second AAEEBL Southeast Regional Conference on November 9 and 10, 2015. Registration is now open.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in the Office of the Vice President for Instruction at the University of Georgia is pleased to host the 2015 Southeast Regional Conference of the Association for Authentic, Experiential, and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) in which participants will engage in conversations and presentations centered around the conceptions, misconceptions and best practices for using portfolios.
Quick FYI about AAEEBL Regional Conferences
- AAEEBL provides regional conferences on host campuses as a service that makes it possible for people to gather and network regionally. Some of these are graciously hosted at campuses.
- Registration and travel costs are less for regional conferences since most travel is closer to home and more affordable.
- AAEEBL is committed to leading regionally-based conferences in order to offer greater access to those interested in authentic, experiential and evidence-based learning. Due to the generosity of campus hosts, this is generally affordable. We believe these smaller gatherings provide nests where great ideas and collaborations can hatch.
- Students are an important (and popular) part of regionally-based conferences, and we encourage the inclusion of student showcases and/or student panels. Student fees are kept to a minimum to make their inclusion possible.
- Regional conferences offer attendees many opportunities to enjoy conversations with others and to explore ideas for collaboration.
- Attendees almost always comment about how beneficial it is to learn from and share with colleagues in their vicinity.
- As always, attendees from AAEEBL Institutional Member campuses receive a generous registration discount.
Interested in hosting an AAEEBL Regional Conference?
We're preparing an information packet with guidelines, timelines, general information and a budget-planning template soon. Meanwhile, if you'd like to explore the possibility of hosting an AAEEBL Regional Conference, contact us.